It’s Spring-cleaning, and many households want to declutter their living spaces. Once again, Kincora Community Association is delighted to organize a community cleanup to help residents get rid of unwanted household items and property waste, thanks to the City of Calgary and Symons Valley United Church’s support. This event saves residents a trip to the landfill for items that do not fit in their waste and recycling carts or for residents who do not have cart service by providing three packer trucks with crews. This service is free to all Calgarians.
Additionally, there will be electronic and metal recycling and household item donations at the cleanup site. Please note there is no compost truck for organic waste (use regular green bins instead).
Date: May 21, 2022, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Site: Symons Valley United Church parking lots
Please note that participants will be required to follow all active provincial and local public health measures during Community Clean-up events. For more information, visit www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx and www.calgary.ca/covid19.
Cerebral Palsy Alberta Donation
- recyclable beverage containers
- clothing, shoes, accessories such as hats, mittens, scarves, purses etc.
- Small electrical items like iron, toasters etc. in good working condition
- Small household items such as kitchenware, toys, games, glassware etc.
- Small electrical items like iron, toasters, etc. in good condition
Cannot accept: furniture, any large items including appliances, car seats, strollers, helmets, etc
BW Waste Metal Recycling
- metal lawn furniture/ BBQ’s (no tanks) / Lawn Mowers (No oil/Gas)
- metal frames/furniture/screen doors/ bike frame (No Rubber)
- exercise equipment (with plastic parts is alright)
- Appliances: microwaves, stoves, washer/dryers, hot water tank
- Cannot accept: Propane tanks, aerosol, paint containers, batteries, regulated/Flammable chemicals (oil, gas, etc), mattresses, fridges/freezers
Technotrash Electronic Recycling
- TVs (LCD, CRT or Plasma)
- Computer Systems, including Computer Accessories (Monitors, mice, keyboards & speakers)
- Computer parts: Cables, Cords, fans, power supplies, hard drives for destruction, CPU, ram chips and boards
- Laptops, notebooks, tablets and E-readers
- Printers, Fax Machines, Copiers and Scanners
- Small CLEAN household appliances: Fans, hairdryers, heaters, irons, microwaves, toasters, vacuums (empty only), etc.
- Audio/visual: CD players, VCR/DVD players, stereo equipment, cable boxes, satellite equipment, digital cameras, video cameras, etc.
- Networking/Telecommunications: hubs, switches, modems, routers and phones, Cell phones and chargers, answering machines, etc.
- Power and air tools: drills, grinders, saws, nail guns, compressors, table saws, etc.
- Games, toys and music, including Amplifiers, guitars, keyboards, microphones, electric/electronic toys, Video gaming equipment, game cartridges, etc.
- Wires and Cables (Christmas lights less bulbs)
- Testing Equipment, Circuit boards
Cannot accept: household batteries, hazardous waste, liquids of any kind, compressed cylinders, large appliances, Anything with Freon (AC Unit, water coolers, or fridges), Fluorescent light fixtures or bulbs, thermostats, smoke detectors, glasses of any kind, media (VHS, DVD/CD), loose rechargeable batteries, loose ink cartage and toners.
All waste service providers have the right to refuse any item they deem unacceptable.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.